Campo Concentramento P.G. 54
Camp 54 was located in Passo Corese and opened in July 1942 with a capacity of 6,000 enlisted POWs.
The camp was later expanded to 10,000. In September 1943 after Italy’s surrender many POWs escaped from the camp. Some were able to reach allied lines or were hidden by Italians, however many were captured and sent to camps in Germany. There are denominations of 1, 2, 5, and 10 lire.