Campo Concentramento P.G. 73
Camp 73 was located in Fossoli Di Carpi and opened for POWs captured in North Africa in July 1942.
On September 9, 1943 it was occupied by the Germans who moved the POWs to camps in Germany. In December 1943 the camp was transformed by the Italian Social Republic into a concentration camp for Jews. From March 1944 it also became a police and labor transit camp. Of the reported 2844 Jews in the camp 2802 including Primo Levi were transported to other concentration camps primarily Auschwitz with the first transport February 22, 1944 and the last June 26, 1944. Denominations of 1, 2, 5, and 10 lire were issued