Campo Concentramento P.G. 78 Sulmona
Camp 78 is located in Sulmona Fonte D”Amore and was built during the first World War and was reopened in 1940 for Anglo-Americans captured in North Africa.
It held up to 3000 POWs and was administered by the Italians until their surrender when the Germans took over and many inmates were sent to Dachau. There are denominations of 10, 20, 50 centesimi and 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 50 lire.