Campo Concentramento P.G. 82
Camp 82 was located in Laterina and held mainly British POWs. The camp opened in 1941 with a capacity of 12,000 POWs and 800 Italian guards.
The camp was abandoned by the guards on September 8, 1943 and many POWs escaped South to rejoin the allies. The area was liberated by the British 8th army on July 18, 1944 and then held fascists and Germans that were caught. there were denominations of 5, 10, 20, and 50 centesimi and 1, 2, 5, and 10 lire.