Campo Concentramento P.G. 97
Camp 97 was located in Renicci and began operation in 1941. The camp actually housed both military and civilian internees mainly Yugoslavs and from August 1943 some anarchists and political prisoners.
After Italy’s surrender prisoners dispersed into the surrounding areas with some joining partisan groups. It is estimated that during its existence the camp held over 10,000 prisoners. Scrip was issued in denominations of 5, 10, 20, and 50 centesimi and 1, 3, 5, and 10 lire.