The camp located in Eichstatt also know as Oflag VII-B was located in Bavaria.
The camp was built in September 1939 to house Polish POWs. The Polish POWs were later transferred to Oflag VII-A Murnau and replaced by British, French and Belgium officers. Later Australian and New Zealand soldiers captured in Crete and Greece were sent there. South Africans captured in Tobruk and Americans captured in North Africa were sent there The camp was liberated April 16, 1945.Previously only two denominations were known, however today 4 are known to exist, a 5, 10, and 50 Reichspfennig and a 1 Reichsmark. All issues from this camp are scarce.