Medicine Hat Camp 132
Camp 132 (Medicine Hat) camp was opened in January 1943 and operated until July 1946. The camp was located 260 km southeast of Calgary.
The camp housed German POWs including many high ranking officers and some French Foreign Legion. This was the largest camp in Canada and North America housing 12,500 POWs. Chits were issued in denominations of 1, 5, 10, 50 cents and 1 dollar.