Oflag VII-A was located in the Bavarian town of Murnau. The camp housed over 1000 Polish officers when it was opened in 1939.
In 1942 many Polish Generals were transferred to the camp. By 1945 when the camp was liberated over 5000 were being held there including additional prisoners that were captured during the Warsaw uprising. There were six denominations issued 1, 10, and 50 fenig, and 1, 2, and 5 marks. All have serial numbers except for the 1 fenig. The notes are uniface.